As of Thursday 7th January 2021 after a meeting with NI Executive Junior Ministers and the Faith Leaders’ Forum, it was agreed that all Sunday gatherings for worship and all in person church activities in Methodist Churches in Northern Ireland should cease at the present time. These measures will be until 6th February 2021 and reviewed towards the end of January. Mossley Methodist Church stands ready to safely re-open our church building for weekly morning worship in anticipation of this date.
In preparation please read below to insure you and your fellow worshippers safety.
Expect the Church Sanctuary to be well ventilated, with seating spaced out allowing for families and individuals.
Listed below are requirements for your safety. This is in compliance with the NI Executive and the Methodist Church in Ireland.
- Do not attend church if you are unwell and exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms
- (UPDATE 12/12/20) In compliance with NI Executive and the MCI please be aware that it is now mandatory to wear masks inside church. The Methodist Church in Ireland have also formally made the wearing of face masks on entering and leaving the building compulsory.
- Maintain 2m social distancing at all times. (There will be no handshakes or hugs)
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entry to the building
- Wait to be seated in the Sanctuary by a Steward (unfortunately you will not be able to choose where to sit, and the Sanctuary will be seated front first)
- To enable ‘Track and Trace’, ensure that you provide your name and contact information to the Stewards
- All young children must remain with their parents throughout the service
- Toilets are available, but are restricted to a maximum occupancy of 2 people at any one time. Please wait outside until a place becomes available
- Offering may now be placed in a slotted collection box fitted to the wall on entrance to the Sanctuary
- There will be no crèche or Sunday School
- Leave the church promptly at the end of the service when directed to do so by the Stewards
- Take home your litter. i.e tissues, sweet wrappers, empty bottles, nappies
- Please maintain social distancing in the car park and foyer to ensure that everyone can safely leave
The leadership team in Mossley have the hope and trust that these measures will not hinder our call to Worship. We believe that where His people are, God is in the midst.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.